Bell & Gossett Introduces New Energy-Efficient Variable Speed Pump Controller
MORTON GROVE, Illinois, July 15, 2009 — ITT’s new Bell & Gossett Technologic® 502 variable speed pump controller utilizes the latest generation hardware platform with advanced pumping software and proven algorithms to create a smarter, more cost-efficient and energy-saving pump system for HVAC and pressure booster applications.
The new 502 integrated pump controller and adjustable frequency drive offers new features that increase ease of set-up and menu navigation, lengthen equipment life and lower operating costs:
• Control of up to four parallel pumps
• Four analog inputs for a combination of zone sensors, flow sensors and suction sensors
• Customized algorithms to handle the entire range of pumping applications, including secondary, tertiary, hot water, chilled water and pressure boosting
• Program safeguards against damaging hydraulic conditions, such as pump flow surges, hunting and system over-pressurization
• Local and remote start/stop capability
• RS-485 Communications
• Plain English diagnostic display with soft-touch keypad switches
• Designed to provide equipment payback in one to three years
As part of Bell & Gossett’s commitment to green energy-efficient solutions, the Technologic® 502 variable speed pump controller reduces its environmental impact through energy-saving efficiency and water conservation. The Technologic® 502 contributes to LEED certification and may also qualify for economic stimulus rebate or local power company incentives.
For more information, contact your local Bell & Gossett Representative or visit www.bellgossett.com.
PHOTOS: To view a hi-res photo of the Bell & Gossett Technologic Variable Speed Pump Controller, visit www.h-a-intl.info:8000/ and enter the following information:
USER NAME: media
Once logged in, you can find the photo in the Bell & Gossett folder.
About Bell & Gossett
Bell & Gossett is a brand of ITT, the leading manufacturer of centrifugal pumps, hydronic specialties, heat exchangers, condensate handling equipment, and packaged systems for variable and constant speed pumping, heat transfer and pressure boosting.
About ITT Corporation
ITT Corporation is a high-technology engineering and manufacturing company operating on all seven continents in three vital markets: water and fluids management, global defense and security, and motion and flow control. With a heritage of innovation, ITT partners with its
customers to deliver extraordinary solutions that create more livable environments, provide protection and safety and connect our world.
Headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., the company generated 2008 sales of $11.7 billion. www.itt.com