New Products Reinforce ITT RCW’s Commitment To Green HVAC Solutions
ITT #1 In Newsweek’s 2009 Green Rankings
MORTON GROVE, Illinois – September 1, 2010 – The introduction of the new e-SV™ vertical multi-stage and ecocirc® pumps, as well as a new line of balance valves, are part of ITT Residential & Commercial Water’s ongoing commitment to providing green, energy-savings solutions.
Recognized as the number one General Industrials Company in Newsweek’s 2009 Green Ranking, the magazine said, “ITT produces many products that are highly beneficial to the environment.”
As a global water leader, ITT takes this commitment very seriously, according to Monica Levy, Director of Communications at ITT’s Residential and Commercial Water Business. “Since pumps are the largest single users of energy (a 75hp pump uses $20,000 a year in electricity), we develop systems and services that can help our
customers achieve up to 70 percent in energy savings.”
Examples of how ITT helps customers achieve impressive energy savings include:
- Innovative hydraulic design and highly efficient motor that significantly lowers lifecycle costs and increases energy savings, the pumps are suited for a wide variety of commercial and industrial applications.
- Ground-breaking technology such as the ECM (Electronically Commutated Motor) that allows the ecocirc circulators to use 68 percent less energy
- Introducing products that save customers thousands of gallons of water per year
- ITT’s Technologic® variable speed technologies that allow equipment to automatically adjust to process and system changes
- OPTIFLOW balance valves that allow for the highest possible efficiency of chillers, condensing boilers, coils and heat exchangers
- Energy Performance Services (EPS) pump system optimization program that helps industrial and commercial customers significantly reduce energy costs
- Initiating energy savings programs at its many manufacturing facilities – such as changing to energy-efficient lighting at its Bell & Gossett factory in Morton Grove, Illinois that save $200,000 annually
- Various internal efforts that have reduced Green House Gas emissions every year since 1995
“We will continue to be diligent in implementing energy saving technologies across all our building services product lines, including Bell & Gossett, Goulds Pumps, Flygt and Lowara,” Levy emphasized.
About ITT Corporation:
ITT Corporation is a high-technology engineering and manufacturing company operating on all seven continents in three vital markets: water and fluids management, global defense and security, and motion and flow control. With a heritage of innovation, ITT partners with its customers to deliver extraordinary solutions that create more livable environments, provide protection and safety and connect our world.
Headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., the company generated a 2009 revenue of $10.9 billion. www.itt.com.