ITT RCW Wins Three Awards In Prestigious Product Of The Year Competition. Most Won By Any Company In 2010
MORTON GROVE, Illinois, September 24, 2010 — ITT Residential & Commercial Water’s Bell & Gossett and McDonnell & Miller brand products won three awards in the prestigious 2010 Product of the Year Award competition sponsored by
Consulting-Specifying Engineering (CSE) magazine. None of the other companies recognized in the competition won more awards.
Judging of the entries was done by a select group of professional engineers from around the country with final voting for the 6th Annual competition done by readers of CSE. Readers cast their votes in 10 categories online to decide which companies would receive the awards for new products in HVAC/R, fire, electrical, lighting, building software, BAS, and plumbing systems engineering markets. The winning ITT products included:
• Bell & Gossett ecocirc®e3 Series Circulators won a Silver Award in the Plumbing and Water Management Category for, “energy efficiency pumps that provide high performance through electronically commutated motor (ECM)/permanent magnet (PM) technology. This state-of–the-art design allows the ecocirc to use 68% less energy than most standard pumps and can save an average family of four more than 12,000 gallons of water a year by eliminating the need to wait for hot water to reach the plumbing fixture.”
• McDonnell & Miller 1575 Electronic Low Water Cut-Off Pump Controller won a Bronze Award in the Equipment – Level Sensors and Controls category. “The Series 1575 is used as a low water cut-off, feed water control and alarm for boilers, vessels and tanks and includes a 1Hp pump relay, as well as adjustable burner and pump settings.”
• Bell & Gossett Technologic 5500 Variable Speed Pump Controller won a Bronze Award in the Networked BAS, Energy Management Systems category. “The device features a plug-and-plug automatic discovery functionality that allows the BAS to automatically detect the pump controller on the network and build a database of communication points. It also features a summer/winter switch that processes two independent set-points depending on the season, a pump exerciser for constant speed booster systems, and an emergency power feature.”
According to Amara Rozgus, Chief Editor and Content Manager of Consulting-Specifier Engineer magazine, “The feedback from our judging forum about these products centered around one theme—energy efficiency. Products are expected to be more accurate, perform more efficiently, and provide more functionality than ever before. The 2010 Product of the Year Winners demonstrated these themes in ways that separated themselves from their fellow finalists.“
Recognized as the number one General Industrials Company in Newsweek’s 2009 Green Ranking, and a worldwide leading pump manufacturer and HVAC systems provider, ITT markets a variety of energy-saving products, including its most recent innovative product, the Goulds Pumps e-SV™ Line of Stainless Steel, Vertical Multi-Stage Pumps. Other examples of how ITT is committed to achieving impressive energy savings include:
• Bell & Gossett Technologic® 502 variable speed pump controller, which is a 2010 AHR Expo Innovation Award winner
• Energy Performance Services (EPS) pump system optimization program that helps industrial and commercial customers significantly reduce energy costs
• Bell & Gossett OPTIFLO™ balance valves that allow for the highest possible efficiency of chillers, condensing boilers, coils and heat exchangers
• Initiating energy savings programs at its many manufacturing facilities – such as changing to energy-efficient lighting at its Bell & Gossett factory in Morton Grove, Illinois that saves $200,000 annually in energy costs
• Various internal efforts that have reduced Green House Gas emissions every year since 1995
For more information on ITT Residential & Commercial Water’s innovative products, visit Bell & Gossett at www.bellgossett.com; McDonnell & Miller at www.mcdonnellmiller.com and Goulds Pumps at www.goulds.com
About Bell & Gossett
Bell & Gossett, a brand of ITT Corporation, is a leading manufacturer of centrifugal pumps, circulators, hydronic specialties, heat exchangers, condensate handling equipment, and packaged systems for variable and constant speed pumping, heat
transfer and pressure boosting. www.bellgossett.com
About McDonnell & Miller
McDonnell & Miller is a brand of ITT, a leading manufacturer of boiler controls, flow switches, liquid level controls, steam traps, regulators and valves.
About ITT Corporation
ITT Corporation is a high-technology engineering and manufacturing company operating on all seven continents in three vital markets: water and fluids management, global defense and security, and motion and flow control. With a heritage of innovation,
ITT partners with its customers to deliver extraordinary solutions that create more livable environments, provide protection and safety and connect our world.
Headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., the company reported 2009 revenue of $10.9 billion. www.itt.com