Steam Control and Condensate Drainage for Heat Exchangers

Download bulletin: FHD-206 (PDF file, 143KB).

“Heat transfer units that use steam to produce hot water are known as indirect heaters. They are often shell and tube type heat exchangers and are generally referred to as converters, hot water generators, and instantaneous heaters. The ASME Code for Unfired Pressure Vessels is the nationally recognized authority prescribing their construction for given temperatures and pressures. The term used varies with the heating medium and the manner of application. When these heaters use steam as the heat source they are usually called steam to water converters.”