Xylem Introduces Goulds Water Technology Grinder Pump Retrofit Kit
Designed for residential sewage applications
Xylem Inc., a leading global water technology company focused on addressing the world’s most challenging water issues, has introduced the Goulds Water Technology Grinder Pump Retrofit Kit for residential grinder pump stations. Designed to provide a more economical option to replacing the entire pump system, the retrofit kit allows for continuous operation is a replacement core for an existing installed E-One grinder pump station.
The Goulds Water Technology retrofit kit includes a single-phase, 2 HP motor with 60 Hz, 3450 RPM, 230 V and a capacitor start with winding thermal protector. The motor is a class F insulation design; it includes a 300-series stainless steel threaded shaft design and permanently lubricated upper and lower ball bearings. The kit also includes piping and electrical connections for retrofitting to competitors’ systems.
The silicon bronze impeller is balanced for smooth operation and provides trouble-free, non-overloading, two-vane design with pump-out vanes for mechanical seal protection. The mechanical seal is made of hard-faced silicon carbide with BUNA-N elastomers, while the fasteners are 300-series stainless steel metal. The pump’s capacity is up to 41 GPM with heads to 95 feet and discharge of 1¼ NPT.
Additional features of the grinder pump retrofit kit include:
- Centrifugal Grinder Pump: Grinds and passes solids more effectively than a progressive cavity pump
- Cutter System: Anti-roping design provides two-blade rotary cutter threaded to shaft and stationary cutter ring that is reversible for extended service
- Casing: Cast iron, volute type for high efficiency and adaptable for guide rail system
- Junction Box: Includes electrical connections internally wired at factory
- Retrofit Adapter: Electrical connection pin plug included for fitting to competitor connections
- Piping: Galvanized piping and candy cane discharge pipe in stainless steel
- Power Cord: Standard or extreme version connections at standard length 6′, 14/3 STOW