No float switch required. The Rule-Mate series of bilge pumps features a solid state water sensing technology that eliminates the need for a separate float switch.
When water enters the bilge and reaches a certain height, 2-3/4″ (70mm),
a sensor turns the pump on. After the water is pumped out, another sensor shuts the pump off. The sensors’ unique “field effect” technology is eco- friendly because they only sense the dielectric constant of water. In the event of an onboard oil spill, straight motor oil that enters the bilge will not turn the pump on. Please note that this is not an oil overspill system or a safety measure device.
Features and Benefits:
- All-in-one pump and switch — no float switch required
- Pump turns on when water level rises and shuts off when water is removed
- Will not pump oil straight motor oil that enters the bilge will not turn the pump on
- Snap-off strainer for easy cleaning
- Anti-fouling impeller
- The new Rule-Mates are available in 500, 750, 1100, 1500 and 2000 GPH (1893, 2839, 4164, 5678 and 7571 LPH) models in 12 and 24 volt versions
- Limited three-year warranty